BadgesView all badges
SafeMed: Principles and good practice
This Open Badge is available to anybody working in social services who completes module one, Principles and good practice, of our Safe Administration of Medication resource. To obtain the badge, you need to work through the module, discuss your learning with your manager and download and complete the badge application form.
Module one looks at principles and good practice within the safe administration of medication. It explores:
- freedom of choice
- person-centred support
- appropriate use of medication
- working in partnership
- the setting of your workplace
- protecting people
- covert medication.
Our Safe Administration of Medication resource is designed to support you while carrying out your day to day duties with the public. You’ll find the three modules useful if you’re preparing for assessment for a Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) in Social Service and Healthcare (eg ’Administer Medication to Individuals’) or the Professional Development Award, ’Administration of Medication’.
To earn this badge you will need to:
- work through module one of our Safe Administration of Medication resource
- discuss activities one, five, six and seven with your tutor or manager
- complete the other activities within the module and show evidence of these to your tutor or manager
- download and complete the badge application form
- get your manager or tutor to complete their part of the badge application form.
Applications that are not accompanied by a form completed by you and your tutor/manager will be declined.
None, this badge does not require you to hold any other badges.
You will need to download and complete a Microsoft Word version of the application form for this badge. Please do not submit your application without attaching a copy of the form.
If you want to use a blog or ePortfolio entry as evidence, you might find our guide to preparing and publishing your evidence useful. We will also accept short audio or video statements if you prefer these formats. You will need to provide links to these on the badge application form.