BadgesView all badges
When applying for an Open Badge, do you know what we mean by ‘evidence’?
The evidence you provide is the most important part of your badge. As well as being used to determine whether a badge should be awarded to you, it will be seen by anyone you show your badge to. They can use it to check whether you did the minimum to get the badge or whether you did exceptionally well.
You can earn this badge by watching our video about how to prepare evidence for your badge applications and by completing a few activities. You’ll need this badge before you can apply for some of the other badges we have on offer.
The video explains what evidence is, why it is important and shows you how to provide the best evidence you can. At the end of the video, you’ll be asked to come back to this page and complete the rest of the activities from the criteria below.
To earn this badge you will need to:
- watch the video Advice on evidence for Open Badge applications
- download and read our Open Badges hints and tips #1 factsheet
- tell us about at least three things you learned from the video and why these are important to you (100 words minimum)
- discuss the hints and tips with your manager/supervisor/tutor and tell us what you will do to involve your manager/supervisor/tutor in your future badge applications (25 words minimum)
- tell us about at least one thing you will do to make your colleagues aware of Open Badges and why evidence is important (25 words minimum).
Applications for this badge that don’t demonstrate all five points from the criteria will be declined.
You must achieve the Getting started with Open Badges badge before you apply for this one.
You will need to write a statement of at least 150 words, or provide a link to an audio/video equivalent, demonstrating how you have met the criteria for this badge.
Remember, the evidence you provide will be viewable by anyone who you show your badge to. Do not include confidential or private information within your statement.
Scottish Social Services Council
Self awareness: My personal development
Submit your application
I confirm that I have read, understood and completed all the activities listed in the badge criteria and that each question from the criteria is answered in the evidence I have provided. My evidence has been written or recorded by me and I have not copied it from anywhere or anyone else. I understand that it will take 28 days for you to assess my application and that feedback cannot be provided if my application is unsuccessful.
Your application will only be sent to the issuer organization for this badge.