BadgesView all badges
Making the Law Work for You: Self-directed Support, Human Rights and Equalities
This Open Badge is awarded to people who participate in all three days of MECOPP’s ‘Self-Directed Support – Making the Law Work for You: SDS, Human Rights and Equalities’.
course, share their learning with colleagues and reflect on how they will apply their learning in practice.
The course is led by recognised experts in the fields of community care, human rights and equalities legislation. Taking place over three consecutive days, teaching methods include presentations, case-studies, group discussions and exercises to ensure as participative an experience as possible.
This course has been developed as part of a three year capacity building project for the Third Sector funded jointly by the Baring Foundation and the Life Changes Trust. It is one of five work-streams under the umbrella of the 3 R’s Project. The aim of the project is to equip practitioners with the skills and knowledge to effectively scrutinise and challenge local authority decision making on the allocation of resources to individuals who have an assessed entitlement to Self-directed Support.
To earn this Open Badge you must:
- attend and participate in all three days of MECOPP’s ‘Self-Directed Support – Making the Law Work for You: SDS, Human Rights and Equalities’ course
- participate in the group discussions and exercises
- tell us about three things you learned from the course and why these are important to you and your practice (150 words minimum)
- discuss your learning with your manager/supervisor/colleagues and tell us what you agreed was important to the service and the people who use your service (100 words minimum)
- tell us about at least one thing you will do to make your colleagues aware of the key points from the course. (50 words minimum)
Yes. Before you can apply for this badge, you must have already earned the day one, day two and day three badges.
You will need to provide a statement, between 300 to 500 words, in response the criteria for this badge.
This short video tutorial about preparing and publishing your evidence will help you make sure your evidence meets the standard we are looking for. We will also accept links to audio or video statements if you prefer these formats.
The evidence you provide will be seen by anyone you show your badge to. Please don’t include confidential or private information within your evidence for this badge.
Your application will be assessed by MECOPP staff and you will either receive your badge or a decision on your application within 28 days.