BadgesView all badges
The activities in this Open Badge are for anyone who is facilitating group learning with a focus on achieving outcomes. You’ll begin by downloading and working through a pack developed by the SSSC as part of a range of resources to support integrated working across health and social care. The pack will help you apply recognised facilitation methods in a wide variety of social and health service projects.
To earn this badge, you will need to:
- download and read the SSSC Facilitation Resource Pack pages 4 to 18 (60 minutes)
- tell us about the values and skills you believe contribute to a positive facilitated session (75 words minimum)
- tell us how you will use active listening strategies within your practice (75 words minimum)
- discuss what you have written with your manager, supervisor or colleagues
- describe at least two things you will do to improve the outcomes of people using your service (50 words minimum).
We will decline applications for this badge that don’t demonstrate all four points from the criteria.
You will need to provide at least 200 words in response to the three questions you are asked in the criteria for this badge. Make sure you clearly indicate which question you are responding to in each part of your evidence submission.
If you want to use a blog or ePortfolio entry as evidence, you might find our guide to preparing and publishing your evidence useful. We will also accept short audio or video statements if you prefer these formats.
Remember, the evidence you provide will be viewable by anyone who you show your badge to. Please don’t include confidential or private information within your statement.
Submit your application
I confirm that I have read, understood and completed all the activities listed in the badge criteria and that each question from the criteria is answered in the evidence I have provided. My evidence has been written or recorded by me and I have not copied it from anywhere or anyone else. I understand that it will take 28 days for you to assess my application and that feedback cannot be provided if my application is unsuccessful.