BadgesView all badges
SafeMed: Practical considerations
This Open Badge is available to anybody working in social services who completes module three, Practical considerations, of our Safe Administration of Medication resource. To obtain the badge, you need to work through the module, discuss your learning with your manager and download and complete the badge application form.
Module three looks at practical considerations within the safe administration of medication. It explores:
- what to do in case of errors
- effective communication
- reporting and recording
- recognising when medication may be required
- disposal of medication.
Our Safe Administration of Medication resource is designed to support you while carrying out your day to day duties with the public. You’ll find the three modules useful if you’re preparing for assessment for a Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) in Social Service and Healthcare (eg ’Administer Medication to Individuals’) or the Professional Development Award, ’Administration of Medication’.
To earn this badge you will need to:
- work through module three of our Safe Administration of Medication resource
- complete the activities and discuss your notes and learning from the activities with your tutor or manager (you do not need to show them your response to activity two)
- download and complete the badge application form
- get your manager or tutor to complete their part of the badge application form.
Applications that are not accompanied by a form completed by you and your tutor/manager will be declined.
You will need to download and complete a Microsoft Word version of the application form for this badge. Please do not submit your application without attaching a copy of the form.
If you want to use a blog or ePortfolio entry as evidence, you might find our guide to preparing and publishing your evidence useful. We will also accept short audio or video statements if you prefer these formats. You will need to provide links to these on the badge application form.