BadgesView all badges
Palliative and end of life care awareness session
This Open Badge will be awarded to people who take part in the palliative and end of life care awareness session. It will help you become more familiar with how the focus is on the experience of people requiring and delivering palliative and end of life care.
Scotland has a compassionate and committed health and social service workforce and the palliative and end of life care framework seeks to build on the considerable capacity and expertise that already exists. By achieving this badge, learners will have gained a better understanding, insight and provided evidence into how the palliative and end of life care framework could help identify and build on the knowledge and skills needed by all workers who might come into contact with people who have palliative and end of life care needs.
Palliative and end of life care is a sensitive and often difficult part of working in social services. This session provides an opportunity for people working in health and social service settings to come together and gain a sense of the current thinking about end of life care and the complexities of how this relates to their daily role.
To earn this Open Badge you will need to:
- attend and actively take part in the palliative and end of life care awareness session (1 ½ hours)
- download and read Enriching and improving experience. Palliative and End of Life Care: A framework to support the learning and development needs of the health and social services workforce in Scotland. (3 hours)
- tell us what your thoughts and reactions are to the framework (50 words minimum)
- tell us how you think you will use the framework in your work (50 words minimum)
- tell us what difference you expect the framework to make to your practice (50 words minimum)
- discuss, with your manager/supervisor/colleagues how you will record and evidence the difference it will have, now and in the future
- tell us about at least one thing you will do to make others aware of the framework (25 words minimum).
We will decline applications for this badge that don’t demonstrate all five points from the criteria.
None. This badge does not require you to hold any other badges.
You will need to provide answers to the questions set out in the criteria as evidence for this Open Badge. Please include the date and place of the session you attended in your evidence.
If you want to use a blog or ePortfolio entry as evidence, you might find our guide to preparing and publishing your evidence useful. We will also accept short audio or video statements if you prefer these formats.
Remember, anyone you show your badge to will be able to see the evidence you provide. Do not include confidential or private information in your statement.