BadgesView all badges
Wellbeing is a key principle in the Health and Social Care Standards.
When my wellbeing is considered:
- I am asked about my lifestyle preferences and aspirations and I am supported to achieve these.
- I am encouraged and helped to achieve my full potential.
- I am supported to make informed choices, even if this means I might be taking personal risks.
- I feel safe and I am protected from neglect, abuse or avoidable harm.
This is one of six badges that contribute towards the Health and Social Care Standards: Awareness badge.
To achieve this Open Badge you should:
- watch the instruction video tutorial if you have not already done so
- choose any three of the headline standards from the Health and Social Care Standards and, for each of these, tell us what you will do to help achieve the statements listed under wellbeing (150 words minimum)
- discuss your choices with your manager/supervisor/colleagues and tell us something about this discussion (50 words minimum).
We will decline applications that do not provide enough evidence showing how you have met these criteria.
You should hold the Health and Social Care Standards: Basics Open Badge before you apply for this one.
You will need to submit a written statement, of at least 200 words in response to the questions asked in the criteria. You can write your statement directly on the badge application form or paste a link to your own blog or portfolio.
We will also accept short audio or video statements if you prefer these formats.
Remember, anyone who you show your badge to can see the evidence you provide. Please don’t include confidential or private information in your statements.
Read Preparing and publishing your evidence to find out more about what’s required and increase your chances of getting your badge approved first time.
Submit your application
I confirm that I have read, understood and completed all the activities listed in the badge criteria and that each question from the criteria is answered in the evidence I have provided. My evidence has been written or recorded by me and I have not copied it from anywhere or anyone else. I understand that it will take 28 days for you to assess my application and that feedback cannot be provided if my application is unsuccessful.