BadgesView all badges
The Discover Digital Guide introduces the idea of digital health and social care. It will enable you to develop an understanding of digital tools that could benefit your health and wellbeing or that of someone you support. It focuses on tools that are available to us on an everyday basis. It explains what these tools are and where to find them. It will give you a basic understanding of digital self management, digital services in the NHS, technology enabled care and how to stay safe when using a digital tool for your health and wellbeing.
To be awarded this badge, you must:
- download and read all seven sections of the Discover Digital guide (5 hours)
- watch this video introduction to technology enabled care (7 minutes)
- tell us whether your organisation uses technologies to help the people you support or help you carry out your role (100 words minimum)
- if your organisation does, then talk about these technologies and their benefits
- if your organisation does not, then talk about some technologies you think would be useful
- take your time to browse NHS Inform, choose a resource and explain how you will use what you have chosen to help colleagues or people you support (100 words minimum)
- tell us about two things you have learned from the guide and what you have done to share your learning with others. (100 words minimum)
There is a maximum word count for this badge of 500 words.
Your application will be returned to you with a request for further evidence if it does not meet all the above criteria.
None. This badge does not require you to hold any other badges.
You will need to submit a written statement, of at least 300 but no more than 500 words in response to the questions asked in the criteria. You can write your statement directly on the badge application form or paste a link to your own blog or portfolio.
We will also accept an audio or video submission if you prefer.
The evidence you submit will be viewable by anyone who you show your badge to. Do not include confidential or private information within your submission.
Read Preparing and publishing your evidence to find out more about what’s required and increase your chances of getting your badge approved first time.
Submit your application
I confirm that I have read, understood and completed all the activities listed in the badge criteria and that each question from the criteria is answered in the evidence I have provided. My evidence has been written or recorded by me and I have not copied it from anywhere or anyone else. I understand that it will take 28 days for you to assess my application and that feedback cannot be provided if my application is unsuccessful.
Your application will only be sent to the issuer organization for this badge.