BadgesView all badges
Spiritual Care Matters
Spiritual Care Matters is an online learning course designed to promote, recognise, respect and support the spiritual well-being of older people. The course is an introduction to spiritual care, exploring how spiritual care is defined, what it means in practice and why it matters.
By the end of the course participants will:
- know what spirituality means and understand why it matters in the lives of older people;
- develop skills and confidence to support the spiritual needs of older people;
- develop the use of conversations as a tool to help increase the quality of spiritual care for older people.
You can register for the course at SpiritualCareMatters.com.
To earn this badge, you will need to:
- listen to the course podcasts (x3)
- carry out the course activities
- complete the Course Diary and get it signed by your supervisor or mentor
- tell us about three things you learned from the course and why these are important to you
- tell us about at least one thing you will do differently to improve the spiritual needs and well-being of older people in your care?
This badge does not require you to hold any other badges.
Provide a statement, of around 150 words, telling us why you meet the criteria for this badge and upload a copy of your Course Diary.
Read the criteria carefully before submitting your statement, as your application will be declined if you don’t cover all of it within your evidence. Submit your statement using the badge application form below and upload a copy of your Course Diary.
We will also accept links to short audio or video statements if you prefer these formats.
Remember, the evidence you provide will be viewable by anyone who you show your badge to. Please don’t include confidential or private information within your evidence.