BadgesView all badges
Understanding Sight Loss in People with Learning Disabilities
This Open Badge is awarded to people who complete RNIB Scotland’s Understanding Sight Loss in People with Learning Disabilities workbook and write an account of what they have learnt from it.
The workbook provides information, activities and resources to enable workers to better support people with Learning Disabilities and recognise potential sight loss, as well as providing support to staff members when they are supporting to access eye care appointments.
Through reading the workbook and undertaking the planned pieces of work throughout and at the end a learner will be able to make links between knowledge, understanding and work practice.
To earn this Open Badge you must Complete the Understanding Sight Loss in People with Learning Disabilities workbook to the satisfaction of your manager and then provide answers to the questions below as evidence for this badge.
- How and why did you come to access this learning resource?
- How will this have a positive inﬂuence on your future work practice?
- Where and how did you record your learning from these activities? Why did you record it in this way?
- Describe other learning and development opportunities that you are aware of and how you can access these to enable you to enhance your work practice.
- Provide an anonymous example of a piece of learning you have undertaken and explain how you put this learning into practice at work. What beneﬁts did you see from applying this learning to your work practice?
- Provide an anonymous example of how you have learnt from something that happened at work. What happened, what did you learn and how has this inﬂuenced your future work practice?
No other Open Badges are required. However, you must complete the Understanding Sight Loss in People with Learning Disabilities workbook to the satisfaction of your manager before submitting your evidence for this badge.
In completing this piece of work write about speciﬁc learning, avoiding statements such as, “I learnt a lot which will help me in my work.” This short video tutorial about preparing and publishing your evidence will help you make sure your evidence meets the standard we are looking for. We will also accept links to audio or video statements if you prefer these formats.
The evidence you provide will be seen by anyone you show your badge to. Please don’t include confidential or private information within your evidence for this badge.
Your application will be assessed by RNIB staff and you will either receive your badge or a decision on your application within 28 days.