BadgesView all badges
Childminders: Equality of Opportunity
Equality is having the right to be treated fairly and your needs respected. It is about making sure that everyone has a fair and equal chance in life. Diversity relates to the notion that our background, knowledge, skills, aptitudes and experiences are all different and that our differences should be valued and appreciated, Children need to feel valued and learn to respect one another. Promoting Equality & Diversity is therefore the moral and legal responsibility of every adult who works with children.
This Open Badge is awarded to childminders who demonstrate an understanding of how to promote equality and diversity within the early learning and childcare sector.
To earn this badge you will need to:
- Have completed the SCMA Promoting Equality and Diversity CPD workshop or completed the Promoting Equality and Diversity e-Learning programme
- Provide a statement, of around 200 words, telling us why you meet the criteria for this badge. Read the criteria carefully before submitting your statement, as your application will be declined if you don’t cover all of it within your evidence.
- Discrimination affects people’s lives in different ways depending on reason for the discrimination. Can you tell us some of the reasons people/children may be discriminated against and the impact this could have on the individual receiving the discrimination?
- How would you identify discrimination in your setting and how would you respond/deal with it? What practical actions would you take with children and/or adults to deal with this?
- Tell us about something you learned from the Equality of Opportunity Course that helped you to improve your practice.
Only SCMA members can earn this badge
You must have completed the SCMA Equality of Opportunity CPD workshop or completed the SCMA Equality of Opportunity e-Learning programme.
Provide a statement, of around 200 words, telling us why you meet the criteria for this badge. Read the criteria carefully before submitting your statement, as your application will be declined if you don’t cover all of it within your evidence. Submit your statement using the badge application form below.
Remember, the evidence you provide will be viewable by anyone who you show your badge to. Please don’t include confidential or private information within your evidence.