BadgesView all badges
Childminders: Safe and Secure (Child Protection)
All children have the right to protection. They have the right to be safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible and included. they have the right to receive adequate care and to grow up in a protective environment. The Childminders Safe and Secure Open Badge is awarded to childminders who demonstrate an understanding of child protection procedures and practice within the early learning and childcare sector.
To earn this badge you will need to:
- have completed the SCMA Safe and Secure: Child Protection CPD workshop or completed the Safe and Secure: Child Protection e-Learning programme
- Tell us the following:
- What is abuse? (Including different types of abuse)
- How would you identify abuse?
- What would you do if you did identify abuse?
- Tell us about something you learned from Safe and Secure: Child Protection that helped you to improve your practice.
You must have completed the SCMA Safe and Secure CPD workshop or completed the Safe and Secure e-Learning programme.
Provide a statement, of around 200 words, telling us why you meet the criteria for this badge. Read the criteria carefully before submitting your statement, as your application may be declined if you don’t cover all of it within your evidence. Submit your statement using the badge application form below or paste a link to your own blog or eportfolio.
If you want to use a blog or eportfolio entry as evidence, you might find our guide to preparing and publishing your evidence useful. We will also accept links to short audio or video statements if you prefer these formats.
Remember, the evidence you provide will be viewable by anyone who you show your badge to. Please don’t include confidential or private information within your evidence.
- Certificate of completion of SCMA Safe and Secure CPD workshop e-Learning programme.
- Statement of around 200 words telling us why you meet the criteria for this badge